Thursday, August 27, 2015

True Nature (True, #1) by Willow Madison
























I received this book as part of an ARC copy on the Firty Shades Support group on Good Reads. I was thrilled when I started reading it that someone actually nailed the alpha male character. Please read the intro to the book and if abuse is in anyway a no go for you then please put the book down, otherwise you will be left dealing and not at all happy with this book. It is in no way a feel good happy book to be taken lightly.


Max was born to an unwed young couple, his birth father left and his mother was a struggling addict when she met Max's step father. Max was raised by the controlling and some would even say abusive step father. I really got the feeling his mother lived in fear, although as per Max it made her a better woman. Max is looking for this same type of control/ownership in his relationship.

This is a first time reading this author and truly enjoyed this book up until the very last event. This ending left me more in hate with Max then in love with him. Although I think he has the potential to be changed. But I'm not sure why I feel that way.

Lucy finds herself searching for something more in a relationship, but is it maturity or what Max is offering her? You will have to read to find out.

This is also somewhat of a cliffhanger, or at least it is for me. I truly don't quite know if this intense relationship is going to work at this point. I will say that I feel what happened in this book is what I consider the definition of abuse. Max definitely treats Lucy with cruelty and violence to the point of leaving marks on her. It is not a love tap smack on the ass, it is delivered as punishment and to mark.

I did enjoy the read, and can't wait to read the next book in the series to see how or if things work out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment